As summer comes to an end, everyone should use this checklist for end of summer to-dos that will make the busy fall season a little less stressful on everyone under the same roof.
August is still technically part of summer, but with vacations wrapping up and back-to-school activities kicking off, most people’s mindset shifts to a fall mindset. And, with fall being a typically busy season for most families, we think this checklist for the end of summer is a great way to be ready for the shorter days that are on the horizon.
Here is the list. Be sure to click on the link to get all the details.
- Clean and store summer gear
- Set up a family calendar
- Clear the way for easy weeknight dinners
- Share your backyard harvest
- Organize family photos
- Clean carpets and floors
- Organize for back to school
- Check emergency kits
- Organize closets BEFORE back-to-school shopping
- Schedule some “do-nothing” time for fall
- Clean and organize the garage
- Finish up outdoor projects
- Check your home for signs of pests
- BONUS: Check for roof leaks and check windows and doors that do not seal tightly.
To read all the details about this list, click here to link to the article from HOUZZ.
MTB Windows and More can help with new roofs and replacement windows and doors. We use Andersen Windows, Therma-Tru Doors and GAF Shingles. Our home improvement specialists are trained to install the high-quality building products made to make houses more energy-efficient.
If you would like to schedule a time to meet with an MTB representative to talk about upgrading parts of your home, contact us here or call us at our Clear Spring, MD office at 301-766-7161.