March brings spring, which brings “better” weather, which brings the start of home improvement project season.
Are you thinking of upgrading your home in 2019? Replacement windows are great for keeping warm air inside next winter and frigid air outside, where it belongs. How about the exterior doors. Are they whistling a tune every time the wind blows? Did your roof BARELY make it through the rough months? We can replace it with one that will hold up and look great for decades.
While you’re making a list of all the upgrades, updates and repairs at your Tri-state area home, enjoy reading some interesting facts about the third month of the year.
Great Things About March
If you’re a sports fan, the words “March” and “Madness” go together like peanut butter and jelly. But, if you aren’t a college basketball fan, then consider these great things from the Old Farmer’s Almanac about the third month of the calendar year.
Special March Dates
- March 5: Mardi Gras (“Fat Tuesday”) or Shrove Tuesday. Read more about this holiday.
- March 8: International Women’s Day. Click here to learn more about this celebration.
- March 10: Daylight Saving Time begins at 2:00 A.M. Don’t forget to “spring forward” and set your clocks ahead one hour!
- March 15: The Ides of March. Beware the Ides of March!
- March 17: St. Patrick’s Day. Read more about about the traditional Irish holiday known as St. Patrick’s Day.
- March 20: The vernal equinox, marking the beginning of spring in the Northern Hemisphere, occurs on Wednesday, March 20, at 5:58 P.M. EDT. On this day, the Sun rises due east and sets due west. In the Southern Hemisphere, this date marks the autumnal equinox. Read more about the First Day of Spring!
- March 22: World Water Day brings attention to the need for safe drinking water for nearly one-third of the earth’s population. Click here to help solve this issue.
Getting Outdoors in March
- Planning a vegetable garden? Try the Almanac Garden Planner for free!
- Wondering when to plant what? Check out our free location-based Planting Calender to see when to start seeds and transplant in your area.
- Just getting started with gardening? Check out this Vegetable Gardening for Beginners Guide, as well as this numerous veggie, fruit, flower, and herb Growing Guides.
- Do you have birdhouses? Do a spring cleaning before tenants arrive for the season. Learn how to attract birds to your garden!
- Spring means fishing! See when the Best Days to Fish this year are for better results.
Contact us in our Clear Spring, MD office today if you are in the Hagerstown, Greencastle, Martinsburg or Frederick County, MD areas for an assessment and quote on your home improvement projects. We use some of the best products, including Andersen Windows and GAF Shingles.
If you are thinking of building, instead of doing a home improvement or home repair, then contact our sister company at the Mt. Tabor Builder’s website.You can also call the Mt. Tabor office at 301-766-7161.